Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bling Bling Necklace on a Budget

So for a while now I have been eyeing up a necklace I have seen Giuliana from Giuliana & Bill wear on their show.  I have searched long and hard for this type of necklace with no luck, at least without spending a small fortune.  While I was out getting some jewelry making supplies I actually found the things I would need to make this elusive necklace.  Michaels actually sells these thick chains in all kinds of colors and sizes.  I went with a large size gold chain, medium size light gold chain (light enough that it is almost silver) and a small size bronze chain.  I did this project last night and it was one of the quickest jewelry projects I've done, it probably took me about 15 minutes start to finish. 

Here is what I purchased...  3 strands of chain, package of gold colored rings to attach everything together and a package of gold clasps.  I spent around $16 for the supplies after a 40% off one item coupon I had which saved me $2.  I used all of the chain but still have plenty of rings and clasps left over for future projects.  You can even save more money if you keep an eye out for your local craft supply store sales.  JoAnns, Michaels, AC Moore and Hobby Lobby always have coupons as well.  This necklace turned out similar to a necklace I found through an in home party jewelry companies magazine for $86.  Since I made it myself I saved around $80 compared to the other necklace I found!!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment